CRM is all about engagement and building relations. We want to build an active and dynamic community around the CRM Idol contest… and for achieving that we need you and your comments, votes, and discussions. Engage with us: register and participate. Help us find the one and only CRM Idol.
This competition is for small companies in the CRMish/SocialCRMish world. – see the categories below for some guidelines though please feel free to make the case if you don’t see yourself in the guidelines.
- You have to have software that is commercially available by the time of the demo – that would be in August – again see below. No betas, alphas, release candidates allowed. If we find that you’re not commercially available, and you have a time slot, you’re out and someone else will fill the slot. So please be sure that you can verify the claim if you want to participate.
- You have to have 3 referenceable customers that, if we care to, we can contact and ask about you.
- You have to have revenue under $12 million U.S. your last fiscal year. As far as disclosure goes, you have the choice of making the claim that you do – though that will have to be stated in your submission and we’ll trust you or you can disclose your revenue in the submission with the knowledge that only the permanent judges will know what it is. If you make the claim, please be prepared to back it up if we ask. Your call on how.
- You have to be willing to make a ten minute video if you get to the finals. More on that later.
- You have to fit a category – though there is some leeway there.
- There will be 40 slots made available in the Americas and 20 in EMEA.
- The submission will be by email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (See below to see this again and what to do if there are problems). Any other attempt at submission will be rejected out of hand with the problem exception mentioned below.
- The submissions will occur starting today – Monday, April 25 and will continue until Friday May 13 or until all slots are filled, whichever is first (watch #crmidol on twitter for updates on that as it occurs). On May 13, should any slots be left, the remaining specific dates and times will be made publicly available and another final round of submissions for those remaining slots will occur from May 13 through May 20. After that the submissions will be closed.
Each submission will include the following:
- Your company contact and named person contact information Two date and time specific slot requests. ONLY two. If your slots are not available, you’re out of luck until May 14 – and then you can resubmit to any time slots that are publicly announced as still available. Though there is no guarantee that there will be any available slots at that time. (see below for examples of how to submit the dates/times)
- The category you feel you fit into - or if you don’t but think that you qualify – why.
- A description of what the product is/the company is. Be persuasive here that you meet the criteria, not that you have a great product. This is merely a qualifying discussion. URLs cannot be used as substitutes for this description. The submission needs to be all inclusive. However, they can be used as supporting documentation.
- The names of the three (3) referenceable customers – the company, the contact and the way to communicate with them – minimum of email and phone, please.
- A statement that says that you meet the revenue requirement along the lines of “our company states truthfully that our revenues in our last fiscal year 2010 were under $12 million U.S”. OR you can state the actual number with the knowledge that the primary judges in each of the Americas and EMEA will treat it as under non-disclosure. But please be aware those designated primary judges below will see the actual figures if you choose to reveal them.
- A statement that says, “if (you) make the finals, you are committed to making a 10 minute video for submission and public viewing as part of the conditions for entry.” Word it anyway you prefer but make the commitment clear.
- If you are accepted, you’ll be notified privately but it will be posted that you’ve been accepted on the Twitter #crmidol stream. The time will only be sent to you privately. Just your acceptance will be posted. Please allow some time between your submission and the posting of it to the hashtag and your private notification, since we all still have to work for a living.
- If you don’t include everything specified in the rules for submission, it means automatic disqualification and you cannot resubmit.
The demo has few rules. Just be prepared to:
- explain your company;
- show your product – live please;
- answer questions from the influencers/experts.
Not much more than that. I’m sure many of you are experienced at this already so wed don’t have to tell you this, but just in case… A site for the demos with login etc. will be announced to the timeslot owners in early August.
Choosing Semi-Finalists and Finalists
Following the demos, the primary judges will choose 12 semi-finalists in the Americas and 6 in EMEA. Each of the semi-finalists will be interviewed for an hour by a judge or judges. Based on those one hour interviews, the judges will choose 4 finalists in the Americas and 3 in EMEA who will be required to make the 10 minute video.
The standards for the video will be mentioned to the finalists once they are named. To rest any unease, you won’t be required to spend lots of money to get it done. How much you spend and on what will be up to you as will the content and how you present it. We’ll issue guidelines when the time gets near, including how the video is going to be distributed for posting and voting.
Okay here’s the hardcore stuff:
- The hashtag is #crmidol
- The email for submission is email@example.com
- If you have a problem submitting to that email send your submission and a report of the specific problem to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve put together an easy little table with all the relevant dates and times that you’ll need as you progress through the competition.
|Submission Dates||August 15-19; August 22-26||September 5-9|
|3pm ET; 4pm ET; 5pm ET; 6pm ET||3pm GMT; 4pm GMT; 5pm GMT; 6pm GMT|
|Semi-Finalist Announcement||September 5 (est.)||September 16|
|Semi-Finalist Interview Dates||September 12-16 (est.)||September 19-23|
|Finalist Announcement||September 19||September 28|
|Finalist Video Submission Date||October 21||October 21|
|Winner Announcement||November 7||November 7|